Minding my own business

 


    

    Hello there! How is your 2021 going so far? Mine has been as I expected it would be, up and down. But I am in a season of MAJOR change (as was brought about during the lunar eclipse / full moon of October/November's energy / planetary shifts). I, like I'm sure many of you have also, have felt this change and have been in the midst of major life changes and upheavals, and some days, have just been able to downright hang on. So, I am just here, minding my own business. Trying to survive the quarantine and virus and the all the upheaval it has brought. 


    In light of all this, I thought it might be of some value to share some of my own self-care tips, and I would love to know how you are minding your own self-care? The self-care doesn't have to be fancy, just little things to help us all get through the next hour, day, week, or even the next minute, if necessary. 


    The first thing that has helped with my creative sanity (and sanity in general), is that I remind myself continually to trust. Trust the process, trust in the timing, trust in God, trust in myself. If you are being true to yourself and your intuition, you are right where you need to be, when you need to be there. I often find myself in doubt, but quickly remind myself that here is where I need to be, now. And I am doing the very best I can, here and now, so I am trusting that all is well. 


      Another thing I do to save sanity with self-care is to give to myself. As a mom, I (like you other moms), continually give to my children constantly. I want to make certain they are provided for, happy, at peace, well-fed, being entertained, etc. I often do these things often at my own detriment- pushing myself past exhaustion, running on empty, feeling emotionally drained, hurt from going through a painful divorce- all while trying to shield my children from anything negative. I have to occasionally stop and remind myself that I need a break, I need to rest, I need to eat, I need to have support, I need to buy myself a "treat" too. I need  because I am important too. That may sound silly to say, but if we do not stop to lend ourselves credence at times, who else will? And we have important work ahead as moms, wives, daughters, friends, workers, etc. We need to believe in and see ourselves as important- and worthy. 

  

    The last tip I have for minding your self-care is to do something that inspires you. I often find inspiration in reading or going through a favorite magazine or Pinterest, Instagram faves, etc. I enjoy finding things that inspire my desire to keep working on my creative projects. I find they are imperative to filling my "creative well". I take the time to seek my inspiration and to do some small creative work-no matter how small- every day. That is the key to my sanity especially during this virus. 

   

     These tips may seem small, but they truly help me and it is my hope that they may help you too. I would love to hear the ways you are keeping your sanity right now, and if you are a creative, how you feed your creative well. Self-care is so important, after all, if we are dry, how can we give to the ones that need us most? I do hope this finds you well, and I would love to hear from you. 



Other tips for self-care:

* go for a walk outside

* meditate or pray

* cleanse your area with white sage/palo santo

* deep breathe and count to 10

* soak in a hot bath with epsom salts or bubbles

* mindfully prepare your favorite meal / dessert

* talk to a friend / ask for help when you need it


Comments